Health & Safety
As Matt Harrison Construction we place great importance on maintaining health and safety standards for the benefit of our staff, our customers, and the wider community.
Matt Harrison Construction is certified SiteSafe.
As well as all appropriate and relevant codes of practice, guidelines and standads that are set in place for the building industry, we also comply with the provisions of:
The Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
The Health and Safety in Employment Regulations 1995
- Our staff receive training and supervision to ensure they develop and maintain competencies to work safetly and efficiently.
- Our workplaces are monitored to ensure effective control and for the overall contribution to a safer work environment.
- Ensure all employees, workers, contractors and subcontractors are actively aware of our policies and safety procedures in the workplace, as well as having the right tools, still and information to work safely.
- We actively record all incidents in our workplace and undergo investigations and followup to prevent further incidents and maintain safety.
- Maintain emergency procedures, including in the event of evacuation.
- Maintain equipment to highest safety and testing standards.
- Undertake regular site inspections to ensure procedures and processes are being adhered to, while identifying and controlling all known and potential workplace hazards.
- Undertake regular review of Health and Safety points and procedures for maximum effectiveness and staff awareness.